Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Pretty Paper Dolly

Hi everyone! I am here to share a project I have worked on and off for over a year. It has been a labor of love and sometimes hate...lol....especially when it wouldn't go together like it was supposed to.
I found this  pattern on Silhouette but I changed it from an angel to a doll. The name of the pattern is Liberty Angel 3D Figure Part 1 Torso Arm Dress and Liberty Angel 3D Figure Part 2 Legs Wings Apron...I have no way of linking the patterns to my blog...sorry 😞 I do how ever have the tutorial from Needles 'n' Knowledge blog which did help in putting together my little dolly.

She is approximately 18 inches high once put together. Most of the paper collection that is used on the dress and pantaloons are from Anna Griffin Garden Party Stack. 

The arms and legs are jointed with beads and ribbon. That was one of the reasons that is took me forever was at first I had the wrong size of beads and after searching I finally found a couple of strands at Michaels on clearance.

I also added an assortment of lace to the dress which I think really "fancified" her up. 😀

Instead of using twine and twirling onto a dowel and spraying with Starch to create curls I decided to use yarn to create her hair. I cut the yarn in three different lengths and started on the back of her head and worked my way to side of the doll's face. The bangs I butted against the longer hair and once finished I trimmed up and added a lace bow to the top of her head. 

Instead of using the banner that was included with this project I decided to use the Banners and Pennants diecuts. After cutting out and putting together I added sequins and a gem to each of the banners.

I added a little "blush" to her cheeks and a gem to her collar and wa-laa she is finally finished! I hope you enjoyed this project and if you have any questions please let me know.

Also I would like to submit this project for the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes: Challenge #266-267
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge: 
Simon Says: Anything But a Card

Thanks for stopping by, hope your day is awesome and enjoy creating!

Monday, January 23, 2017

Be the Change Card

Hi everyone! I am here to share my card I created this month using Eileen Hull's diecuts.  This month the Inspiration Team is showing different techniques that you can use on diecuts which you can find HERE, HERE and HERE.
A technique that I like to use especially if I don't have the right color of cardstock is to use watercolors.
For the card base I cut and folded a piece of 6"x6" black and white patterned cardstock. I added two 5"x5" (one slightly smaller piece of cardstock to the 5"x5") off center of the card base. Next I cut a large floral banner and adhered to the center of the base. The Embroidery Hoop diecut I cut two different types of cardstock and cut the "closure" of the hoop off since I wanted to use it more as an open circle. I glued two banners to the lower corner of the card but before completely gluing down I wove the banners through the hoop and then adhered everything to the front of the card.

I started with cutting Heart and Soul Flower, Spring Leaves and Romance Flowers diecuts from leftover white cardstock. I start by wetting both sides of the diecuts and then adding the lightest color and gradually adding a darker shade of the same color to the center.  I let them become almost dry and add a drop of water to the centers and then more watercolor. I pick up the diecut and let the color run on the flowers and leaves. After they are dry I go back and splatter a brown across the diecuts for a slightly "messy" effect.

I shaped the flower and leaves before adhering to the corner of the hoop. I wound up using a Heart and Soul Flower that I had previously cut and didn't use from another project instead of a watercolor flower. I think the red flower "pops" off the card better. I also added a gold button, sequin and Dew Drop to the center. 

The sentiment I printed from the computer and I framed with  Romance Flowers and the smaller leaves from the Spring Leaves. I finished off the other flowers with Dew Drops, sequins and pearl sprays. If you have any questions about this card please let me know. Be sure to hop over to Eileen's blog for inspiration and there will be sneak peeks of her newest collection of diecuts and this time around she has a paper collection coming out too! You sure don't want to miss that! 😉

I would like to submit this card for the following challenges:
Happy Little Stampers: HLS Anything Goes With Dies 

 Thanks for stopping by, hope your Tuesday is awesome and enjoy creating!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Whimsical Heart Pocket

Hi everyone! I took a mini break from blogging and I am now back to share a project that I had actually started this past spring and then put away. I had actually cut several of these Heart Pockets Diecuts out but I hope to finish them in-between all of the other projects I have going. 😊

For this project it is best to use a double sided patterned cardstock since both sides will be seen. I put it together according to the direction with Beacon Adhesive Zip Dry glue. I added mini pom pom trim around the heart.

I cut seaming binding and adhered to the each side of the heart and then added a hot pink trim to dress up the back.

Next I added an assortment of flowers, jeweled buttons and pearl sprays to the top corner of the heart along with a bow created from seam binding.

 I added a frozen Charlotte charm and some crocheted flowers to the pocket before hanging it from a shelf. What a fun little project!
As always if you have any questions about this project please let me know.

 Also I would like to submit this project for the following challenge:

Thanks for stopping by, hope your Sunday is awesome and enjoy creating!