Hi everyone! I am here to share a micro planner I created using the Passport Diecut from Eileen Hull.
I wanted to make a planner out of fabric but I didn't want it to be floppy so my solution was to use fusible webbing. First I cut the fabric and fusible webbing bigger than the actual diecut which you will need a total of four fabric and two fusible webbings cut off the covers and two fabrics and one webbing for the spine.
Next I ironed the both pieces of the fabric to either side of the fusible webbing...there are directions on how to do that with fusible webbing when you purchase it...and once it is cool run it through the diecut machine to cut the covers and spine. It is ten times easier to do it this way that cut each individually and then try to iron it all together. Ask me how I know? I have already done this on one of my projects that will be shared later on. 😁 I used Fabri-Tac Adhesive to adhered the covers and spine together according to the directions on the Passport Diecut and then I strung elastic cording through the holes in the spine and tied off according to the directions of the Journal Diecut. Since there was no way to keep the planner closed I punched a hole in the spine and added elastic cording.
The inside covers I adhered lace to create a pocket to hold journaling cards and washi tape. The tags that the washi tape are wrapped around tab closures from the Journal Diecut. I used the diecut packaging to cut these tabs and I embossed them with the Eyelet Lace Embossing Folder.
Did you know that you can use 4"x6" journal cards in your planner? I didn't! All you have to do is fold them in half and either staple or sewing them together to created a mini album! If you aren't bothered with excess paper sticking out of the edge you can leave as is or cut off the excess and round the corners. I also added washi tape to the outside and inside so I wouldn't accidentally catch my finger on the staple.
Also I added a divider to hold sticky notes on. I used the leftover piece of a file folder...you know the ones that you can purchase at Target...it is perfect since it is sturdy.
I added two micro notebooks that I had purchased from Michael's and now the inside of the planner is complete.
The outside of the planner I trimmed the front and back with lace, trim and Ric Rac. I also added charms to the closure and spine to finish it off. As always if you have any questions about this project please let me know.
Also I would like to submit this planner for the following challenges: